Sunday, February 19, 2012

Another Project Finished!

I'm 2 for 2!  I finished my second project in 2012.  This is a lap quilt that I started at Quilt Escape 2011.  I took a class from Sandi Blackwell called "Square-Agonals."
The technique involves creating the quilt in straight rows, then cutting it apart diagonally on specific lines, then stitching it back together to create the diagonal, on-point effect without having to set in any triangles such as those around the perimeter of the quilt.

This quilt is 65" square and I used a flannel for the backing.  I used a pantograph for the quilting pattern and an Egyptian cotton thread, King Tut from Superior Threads, in a variegated green.  Here are a couple close-ups of the quilting.
Here is a close-up view of the quilting pattern.
This is a view from the back.

You can see how well it goes with the sofa.

Registration for this year's Quilt Escape begins on March 1.  Must decide which class I want to take this year! 

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment