Tuesday, October 18, 2011

October Is My Favorite Month

Well, autumn arrived a few weeks ago and we have had the weather to prove it.  Warm, sunny days and cool nights.  I took the opportunity to put away the summer decorations and get out the fall.  My fireplace mantle gets a makeover every season.  Here's what it looks like this year.






Of course, I have to change the quilt displayed in the family room, too.  Here is a quilt I made a couple of years ago from a pattern called Fall Frolic designed and published by Whimsical Quilts.


The original pattern was designed as a 22" x 31" wall hanging.  But since my quilt rack can hold up to a 48" wide quilt, I enlarged the pattern to fit the rack.  My finished quilt is 47" x 59".  I made a few other minor changes based upon my stash, but the finished quilt looks pretty close to what the picture on the pattern shows.  I just love the colors.

Check out the Whimsical website at http://www.whimsicalquilts.com/.  They have so many cute patterns for quilts, purses and other crafts as well as books and a fabric line.  I know I need to try a couple more!

Well, I'm getting ready to go on a weekend retreat in a couple weeks.  QuiltEscape is a weekend-long quilting retreat held at Shawnee State Park near Portsmouth, Ohio.  I attended last year for the first time with 2 friends and, needless to say, I'm going back again this year! 

Until next time.....................
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment